Edgewood Vancouver Addiction Services is proud to offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). Intensive Outpatient Program is a yearlong program comprised of an assessment and two phases.
Assessment (if needed)
The initial consult is a free 2 hour assessment using industry standard assessment tools like the MAST, DAST, PDSQ and URIC readiness to change evaluations, drug and alcohol histories. We determine an individual's motivation and appropriateness for intensive outpatient treatment.
Based on the conclusion of the assessment we will recommend any of three options:
- Phase One Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Inpatient residential treatment
- One on one addiction coaching and recovery planning
If Phase One is indicated, the individual will be enrolled in the next start date of IOP.
Phase One is 6 weeks long, three nights a week (Monday-Wednesday) program that deals with:
- Intensive psycho education on disease of addiction
- Relapse prevention
- Group process
- Costs/benefits of continued use
- Self-assessment and decision making on treatment options
- Anxiety management
- Alternative health
- Family involvement and education
- Drug monitoring
If the next IOP is not in the near future, we will do Bridge Counselling until the next IOP date. In Bridge Counselling we will determine an abstinence date, detox assistance and an interim recovery plan. This will help the person stay motivated and on track. Each session costs $125+HST, of which $75 will be credited to the cost of the IOP.
Phase Two consists of 12 months of
- Once a week continuing care group therapy
- Relapse response contract
Optional services at extra cost include:
- Drug monitoring (optional)
- Individual counseling and recovery coaching
We believe that the following individual profile may benefit from our program.
- Have never or have had limited attempts at attaining abstinence
- May not understand the severity of their problem
- Have not had significant negative consequences
- Doesn't struggle with medical or psychological issues
- Doesn't need detoxification
- Cannot afford inpatient treatment
- Cannot take time off work or leave family
- Have a substance abuse problem rather than a substance dependence problem
- Highly motivated
- Individuals who are currently in recovery and wish for more information or treatment about drug addiction and/or alcoholism
- Safe home environment
Six week Phase One: $2000.00
One year Phase Two: $2000.00
If you pay for both Phase One and Two at the same time: $3000.00
If individual happens to relapse within year, a pro-rated IOP cost will be credited to an Inpatient treatment at Edgewood facility in Nanaimo.
Individual or family counseling: $125.00/hr
Drug monitoring: $150.00 per test. (Phase two maintenance only)
Family, friends and others interested in drug addiction and/or alcoholism may attend the psycho-educational portions of the IOP.
Call now 604.734.1100 or email