At EDGEWOOD, our basic philosophy is to do what is best for the individual and family struggling with an addiction disorder. Therefore if the client's particular needs can be better addressed at another treatment facility other than Edgewood in Nanaimo, we will make that referral. We can help individuals to find a treatment facility that best suits their particular needs. This could mean outpatient treatment, private facilities, public facilities, supportive recovery housing or sober living. We can also help find a place best suited for youth, process addictions (like gambling, sex addiction, gaming), geriatric care and dual diagnosis individuals.
We provide the following services:
- Advice on what treatment will be most effective
- Referrals to a treatment centre or doctor
- Medical assessments
- Quality and cost information
- Information on other treatment facilities
- Explain the treatment process, expectations and typical outcomes to the individual, family or employer
Building on the strengths and resilience of individuals, families and communities who are taking responsibility for sustained recovery from alcohol and drug addiction.